FOLLOW ME ON THE NET

Opera is the best browser when navegating and comenting on my blog. Firefox is second. IE is a nightmare.

View Dr. Martha Castro, MD's LinkedIn profileDRA. MARTHA CASTRO NORIEGA
MORE THAN 9,300 FANS on MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lance Armstrong Not Linked to LIVESTRONG Foundation anymore

It is difficult to admit it for me, but it is true: Lance Armstrong was a cycling hero who inspired me so much, and now he has fallen, fallen so hard that I actually feel sad; and I better recognize that he, in some way, has left a wound in my cycling heart.
I might sound a bit dramatic, but that is how I feel, that is truly how I feel.


LIVESTRONG, the cancer-fighting charity continues to distance itself from Lance Armstrong. 
The Lance Armstrong Foundation, the organization founded by the now embattled cyclist in 1997, has quietly dropped him from its name and will now be officially known as the Livestrong Foundation. 

Foundation spokeswoman Katherine McLane said the name change for the Austin-based charity was approved by the Texas Secretary of State's office on Oct. 30. 
The move represents yet another step by the organization to separate itself from its founder, who has been accused in a scathing report by the United States Anti-Doping Agency of running the most sophisticated doping scheme in sports history. Armstrong resigned from the organization's board of directors last week and stepped down as the chairman of the board on Oct. 17.

Livestrong drops Lance Armstrong

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta
Opera Browser is the best browser when exploring my blog. Internet Explorer doesn´t let you browse fast and posting comments is a nightmare with IE
Web Site Hit Counter
Dr Martha Castro's Counter (SD: 10/28/11)

DR. MARTHA CASTRO THOUGHTS QUOTES