FOLLOW ME ON THE NET

Opera is the best browser when navegating and comenting on my blog. Firefox is second. IE is a nightmare.

View Dr. Martha Castro, MD's LinkedIn profileDRA. MARTHA CASTRO NORIEGA
MORE THAN 9,300 FANS on MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Perú Bans MONSANTO and GMO Foods

Good for Perú! Congratulations to all of you Peruvians, and I hope that México follows your example.

REPORT:

The first time I ever tasted a real tomato, I was in Cusco, Peru. I had picked them up at a Farmer’s Market, bought them from an old lady with wizened wrinkles and sun-browned skin. She’d carried a basket of them to market on foot from her scrap of land somewhere far down the mountain. It was a revelation — heaven and sunlight on my tongue! I never knew tomatoes could pack such flavor. 


I fell in love with the country and it’s people, the Quechua indians who are the remnants of the once proud Incas. Thanks to the indomitable spirit of that people, a ten-year ban on GMOs takes effect this week in Peru! 

Stephanie Whiteside reports, 
Peru’s ban on GMO foods prohibits the import, production and use of genetically modified foods. The law is aimed at safeguarding the country’s agricultural diversity and preventing cross-pollination with non-GMO crops. It will also help protect Peruvian exports of organic products.
source
Enhanced by Zemanta
Opera Browser is the best browser when exploring my blog. Internet Explorer doesn´t let you browse fast and posting comments is a nightmare with IE
Web Site Hit Counter
Dr Martha Castro's Counter (SD: 10/28/11)

DR. MARTHA CASTRO THOUGHTS QUOTES